The Pecos League Playoff Race has begun
The Season is officially 1/3 complete and the Pecos League Playoff Race has begun.
The 2013 playoff format has two teams from the North and two teams from the South.
The Northern Divison is clearly a three dog race with Raton out of the race.
They are dead last in pitching, fielding a hitting although the have been competitive in recent games.
- The Trinidad Triggers have fared well against Santa Fe but have yet to beat Las Vegas
- The Las Vegas Train Robbers have done very well within their own division and would appear to be favorite to win the division. Their pitching has been suspect but they are developing a huge home field advantage at Rodriguez Park and they league the Northern Divison in Offense.
Their schedule sets up the best with several games against Taos and Raton.
- The Santa Fe Fuego are by far the leagues most improved team. They have not fared well in head to head games with Trinidad and Las Vegas.
Unfortuntately for the Fuego they only play Las Vegas one more series. The head to head games with Trinidad could very well determine who is the second seed in the Northern Division.
- The Raton Osos have little chance to make the playoffs. Willie Fredrick and Willie Casey are the only chance the Osos have at winning games.
When either of those two pitchers start. The Osos are currently upgrading their staff.
- The Roswell Invaders are 18-6 and would appear to make the playoffs if they played .500 baseball the rest of the way.
- The Alpine Cowboys are 13-11 and have won the close games to keep ahead of White Sands.
- The White Sands Pupfish are 10-14 and probably have the League's best starting pitching.
They have lost several close games.
- The Taos Blizzard are 8-15 but are in process of completely reloading their pitching staff.
The Blizzard lead the league in every offensive category. They are dead last in every pitching category.
The Blizzard must at least split head to head games against Alpine to get back in the race.
For more information visit Pecos League of Professional Baseball Clubs LLC. http://www.PecosLeague.com 575-680-2212