Roswell Invaders Season looks to be best ever!
Invaders season looks to be the best ever.
The Roswell Invaders are preparing to begin their third season in Roswell things have never looked better.
Invaders Owner Andrew Dunn
"Roswell is definitely at the top of the league in support right now. So many people have reached out to us and are excited for the season to start.
2012 was not all for lost, it gave the community and league a chance to really figure things out and we have done that.
The City of Roswell has been great in all aspects. We have buried NMMI Field use for good, they wanted us to help install fieldturf and that won't happen. We are playing at Joe Bauman Field.
We are excited to have Chris Ebright as manager and we have a great support staff.
The Community leaders have asked us to make certain adjustments and have an expectation level from the coaches and the players in the Community those will be followed."
- The City of Roswell has been great supporters of the Invaders and have numerous planned promotion nights and even the first fireworks night.
- The Pecos League hired Chris Ebright to manage the Invaders and Chris is projected to be the best new manager in the Pecos League.
- The Pecos League has exercised a three year extension to remain at Coca Cola Park through the 2013-2014-2015 seasons.
- The UFO Museum has extended its agreement to be the official reseller of the wildly popular Invaders Gear.
- The Invaders players will serve as referees in the famous Hike It or Spike It Flag Football Tournament as they did in 2011.
- The Invaders signed a bat contract with Max Bats who will make their famous Lime Green Bats
In 2013 the Invaders completely cleaned house bringing in an entire new team from 2012. The team will play hard and have players promoted while attempting to win their 2nd Pecos League Championship in three years.
In 2012 the Invaders got off track with opening day being rained out and a mid season host hotel price increase.
Attendence was much lower as a result of an avalance of problems with hotels, coaches and confusion lead to an off season of regrouping.
Many of the original fans turned against the team.
In 2012 The Invaders became the only team in Pecos League History to sell more merchandise than tickets.
A feat that is not something to be proud of. You can't run a team off of merchandise sales no matter how popular your gear is.
After a great 2011 season the Invaders winning the Pecos League Championship.
They established a baseball tradition in Roswell as one of the best Pecos League Markets.
Many of their players were promoted and Roswell became a hot spot for players to goto.
For more information visit Pecos League of Professional Baseball Clubs LLC. http://www.PecosLeague.com 575-680-2212