Pecos League Predications 1 of 3
Pecos League Predications by Josh Szwaczkowski Alamogordo New Mexico
Heading into its 4th season, the Pecos League has nearly doubled in size from six teams in a single division, to 10 teams with 2 divisions of five. If one thing is consistant, it is that things always change. Most teams will have a new coach, and almost every team flips over its roster entirely, each year.
This season, the championship contenders will rely on pride and tradition, along with a well organized manager and coaching staff, as the intangibles that will get them over the hump. Talent alone is not enough. Here is how I see things shaking out-
1. Santa Fe Fuego- Coach Moore, entering his 3rd season, finally leads his team to its 1st playoff berth and a homefield advantage in the playoffs.
2. Trinidad Triggers- The team rides an emotional high off the exposure and success of the hit TV show highlighting their team on FOX SPORTS 1.
3. Las Vegas Trainrobbers- This was the surprise team of last year, finding much success in their inaugural season.
4. Taos Blizzard- Support for this team continues to grow.
5. Raton Osos- Still have a tough hill to climb.
1. Alpine Cowboys- Coach Stevens always brings a prepared and well managed team to the party.
2. Roswell Invaders- Always been one of the most prideful and popular teams in the league.
3. White Sands Pupfish- Still struggling to find that winning combination that they saw as the strongest team in the league in year 1.
4. Douglas Diablos- Brand new team from the Arizona Expansion. Travel schedule will take some getting used to.
5. Bisbee Blue- See Diablos. The newest teams traditional struggle the most.
1. Alpine 49-15
2. Roswell 47-17
3. Santa Fe 40- 24
4. Trinidad 38-26
5. Las Vegas 37-27
6. White Sands 32-32
7. Taos 27-37
8. Douglas 22-42
9. Bisbee 19-45
10. Raton 16-48
Roswell repeats and defeats Santa Fe for league championship.
For more information visit Pecos League of Professional Baseball Clubs LLC. http://www.PecosLeague.com 575-680-2212